Saturday, August 05, 2006

Laurie's Chicken & Dumplings

I make it the lazy way. Boiling a whole chicken is over rated.

I use either chicken breasts diced, cubed, or shreded. Water, boullion cubes, no set number, celery salt, onion powder, salt, and powder to make the broth. I boil the chicken in this broth until the chicken is done. Then I add the dumplings.

Dumplings
2 cups of Bisquick
2 cups of milk

1. Stir milk and bisquick until it's soft
2. Drop dough in boiling broth using a spoon
3. Cook covered for 10 minutes and uncovered for 10 minutes. Do not stir.


I usually double the dumplings because I'm a dumpling hog. I don't need the chicken.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel - Having a Nemesis said...

So what happens with the broth once the chicken is cooked, do you just leave it all in there? How much liquid is needed?

My jaw is all swollen up, so I can only eat really soft food...I intend to give this a try with some mushy peas and carrots in it.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home